|Home|||||Bio|||||Gallery|||||Free Watercolour Lesson|||||Events & Classes|||||Blog|||||Guestbook|||||Mailing List|||||Links|||||Contact|
Adding prices to a website is always a procedure that is debated among artists as to whether it is useful or effective.
I have been asked by so many people about prices on my website that I have decided to put a price guide in place so someone may have a close idea of the price on a particular piece.
Many things affect the price of a painting; chosen medium, size and framing are the criteria I use to establish a price.
Pastels take a long time and their framing is a little more complicated as the piece must not touch the protective glass, and so they are a little more expensive than watercolour or oil.
Watercolours need mats and glass just like pastels but they are a 'faster' medium and don't take as much fussing with the framing and price out slightly lower than pastels.
Oils take a long time to paint but can be sold without a frame if the sides are finished.
Price Estimates for unframed work;
Watercolour - 1/4 sheet (10" X 14" approximately) unframed - 250.00 to 400.00
- 1/2 sheet ( 14" X 19" approximately ) unframed - 400.00 to 850.00
- full sheet (20" X 28" approximately ) unframed - 850.00 to 1300.00
Pastels - Small size ( 6" X 6" to 8" X 12" ) unframed - 250.00 to 495.00
- Mid size (12" X 16" approximately) unframed -495.00 to 800.00
- Large ( 16" X 24" ) unframed -850.00 to 1500.00
- Full Sheet size - by quote
- small oil (6" X 6" up to 24 united inches) unframed- 275.00 to 500.00
- mid size oil ( 12" X 16") unframed- 500.00 to 1200.00
- large oils over 12" X 16" 1000.00 starting price.
Adding frames would increase the price by a minimum of $100.00 for the smallest size painting and much higher for larger pieces.